The Showcase of Champions is one of the most popular events at the SnowBall Classic. The Showcase allows the top open couples to demonstrate their fantastic dance skills and athletic ability in front of a large, appreciative audience. The important features of the Showcase are:
- All Showcase couples perform by invitation of the Chairman and SnowBall Classic committee only. The couples are not necessarily just competition finalists; they are couples who have demonstrated a talent for show dances and enjoy it. High-calibre dancers of other dance styles may be invited as well.
- The Showcase is not judged.
- The couples can choose whatever dance they want, to whatever music they want, and wear whatever costume they want. It is an opportunity for invited dancers to perform their favourite show dance and have a lot of fun.
- Dances must be choreographed (competition routines are discouraged).
- Performers rehearse on during the dinner break and work with the disc jockey and lighting director to ensure that music and lighting enhance their performance.
- Performances are generally 3 to 4 minutes in length. The Showcase lasts approximately 30 to 60 minutes in length.